Awarded 5 stars by Luca Turin in Perfumes: the guide, 2018!
The acclaimed classic for men created by Patricia de Nicolaï, New York, now also as Intense version! According to Nicolaï: "Like the city that never sleeps, the fragrance stimulates and spices up the life of those who wear it. Red and black pepper, patchouli and citrus notes compose this spicy amber fragrance acclaimed by the critics."
In Luca Turin's description in the book ‘Perfumes, The Guide’ New York Intense is awarded with 5 stars: "New York’s exquisite balance between resinous orange, powdery vanilla, and salubrious woods shimmers from moment to moment, always comfortable but never slack, always present but never loud. It is one of the greatest masculines ever, and probably the one I would save if the house burned down."
“One of the unsung greats in the world of perfumery.”. - Luca Turin
When ordered before 3pm, we will send your parcel the same day (provided that in stock).
On working days, your package will be delivered the next day by DHL to your chosen address and day/evening within the Netherlands. For Belgium an average delivery time of 2 to 3 days applies.
- We ship perfumes worldwide, to more than 80 countries. See for all countries and more details our shipping and delivery page.
- Free delivery: all orders above € 95 in NL and Belgium.
- Smaller orders within NL: € 4.50.
- Samples orders within NL: € 3.95 (incl. track & trace).
- 1 sample orders within NL: € 1 (no track & trace)
- Smaller orders and more than 1 sample to Belgium: € 6,50.
- 1 sample orders to B: € 1,50 (no track & trace).
I am a fan of the original, the 'intense' is a more sophisticated version thereof. Both have a fresh start with bergamot, which slowly transforms into a sweeter woody amber that was also noticeable in the opening. The greater contrast in the original has its own charm, but the intense has more balance and power. Certain top notes seem a little more restrained, but continue to play, creating a bigger heart with the base notes. Modern yet classic, sophisticated and the opposite of casual.